Share your Well-Bean Wisdom!
Share with us your favourite way to eat Hummus.
Report back how it went making this Hummus for your family and friends.
Did you help someone you love, get excited about healthy food, by making and sharing this recipe with them?
Tell us all about your Hummus making experience in the comments below!
Smooth Creamy Hummus Recipe
|Prep time||15 minutes|
- 1/4 cup or 2fl.oz/60ml Tahini / Sesame Seed Paste
- 1/4 cup or 2fl.oz/60ml Lemon Juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2-3 small cloves of Garlic, crushed/minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoons Himalayan/Sea Salt
- 1 can or 15 oz/425 g Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans (*See below notes, to see what I choose to use and why)
- Spring/Distilled Water (only as needed)
- Paprika and Olive Oil to garnish/decorate
|1. Blend Tahini and lemon juice together until smooth, fluffy and creamy. |
2. Continually scrape sides of container/bowl, to ensure everything blends well into a smooth consistency, with each and every step of the recipe.
3. Add garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend well.
4. Drain and rinse chickpeas/garbanzo beans.
5. Add some chickpeas to the mixture, keep blending and slowly add more and more chickpeas - adding slowly and continually blending ensures well blended, smooth Hummus.
6. Add a tbsp of water to the mixture, keep blending, slowly adding water until you reach your desired consistency.
* I use an Organic brand called Eden, because they prepare their beans with Kombu seaweed, which helps break down the oligosaccharides in beans which can hinder or upset the digestion process. Their cans are also BPA-free!
You can use a food processor, high speed blender or a hand operated blender to make this Hummus - I personally used my hand operated blender and it worked great ( just use a deeper bowl to blend in).
Serve with flaxseed crackers, eat it with sticks of veggies, with some tasty falafel or.... with a spoon! Yum!
Recipe origin: I would love to attribute this recipe to it's original author. If this is your original recipe, please contact me so that I can credit you!