From Me to You!
I had to share this quick and easy chocolate smoothie recipe with you – it’s become one of my new favourite on-the-go chocolate fixes!
By now, you probably have signed up/subscribed to be a part of our Fresh Life Family (to receive free recipes, Fresh Updates and other awesome stuff), and would probably have already downloaded your Free Gift: “Cheat With The Right Treat – How to turn sweet cheats into guilt-free, ‘good-for-you’ treats!” which gives you access to 5 of my favourite healthy sweet treat recipes, and more.
But I totally understand that time is sometimes an issue, and quick and easy, nutrition packed solutions is always welcome on the menu.
Hence, my Quick and Easy ‘Chocolate Ice-cream’ Smoothie: In 5 minutes flat I am in serotonin heaven!!
Quick Nutritional Facts:
- Cacao Powder is one of the most nutrient dense superfoods you can eat. As long as its raw, organic and unprocessed, it maintains its nutritional integrity, therefore making the statement, ‘chocolate is good for you’, true!
- It contains the *highest concentration of antioxidants in the world (antioxidants repair damage in the body), and therefore has *more antioxidants than blue-berries, acai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined. (*P40, David Wolfe – Superfoods).
- Add to that list, magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc, copper, vit C, omega-6 fatty acids, phenylethylamine (PEA), Anandamide, Tryptophan, serotonin and fiber.
- Adding just this one ingredient to your kitchen pantry and consuming on a regular basis will boost your nutrient uptake significantly.
- Cashews not only add creaminess and healthy oils to this smoothie, but contain some very valuable nutrients.
- They contain Niacin, Vitamin B3, which is like Nature’s ‘anti-depressant’ and is well-known for its ability to reduce anxiety and depression. Dr Andrew Saul of DoctorYourself.com, one of my favourite Wellness Mentors, often talks about the many health benefits of Vitamin B3/Niacin (Nicotinic acid).
- Check out my in-depth article all about almonds here.
Try it, share it and tell me how you like the recipe.
Do you have a favourite quick chocolate fix? If you do, please share it with us!
Hugs xx Sam
- ½ cup Cashews
- 1 Banana
- 5-8 pitted Dates
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup / Honey
- ⅓ cup Coconut Milk / Cream
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Spring Water & Ice
- Blend cashews until finely ground.
- Add all desired natural sweeteners - banana, dates, maple syrup/honey & coconut milk/cream and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add spring water and ice to desired consistency and temperature.
- Make it into an ice-cream-like consistency by using less water and more ice!
Superfoods – David Wolfe
Encyclopaedia of Nutrition and Good Health – Dr Robert R. Ronzio
Doctor yourself – Dr Andrew Saul