This has got to be one of the most favourite and well-loved, delicious, healthy, raw, vegan, yummy, out-of this-world desserts I know how to make. Another one that is full of health-optimising, raw, whole-food (and organic) ingredients that makes Jay and I salivate just at the mere thought of it. You HAVE to go out, right now (if you haven’t got the ingredients) and get what you need and make this for your friends and family (or just keep it to yourself, heehee), TODAY! Or this weekend… I promise you, they won’t believe that this amazing sweet treat is actually good for you. Meant to be enjoyed, guilt-free I might add. Option: Blueberries OR blackcurrants as main ingredient
This recipe is: Raw; Vegan; Vegetarian; Paleo; Dairy-free; Wheat-free and All Grain/Gluten Free.
Strict Vegans will find alternatives to honey, listed in the recipe ingredients.
Note: pre-soak dates, cashews, dried blueberries for 2-4 hrs beforehand.
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup coconut, flakes
- 1.5 cup macadamia nuts
- 2.5 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp raw honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup dried OR ½ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup spring water
- 1 tbsp raw honey, coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dried OR ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Blend all the crust ingredients together until you have a crumb-like and sticky consistency - add water as needed.
- Press the mixture into a 20x20cm baking tin.
- Grind cashews until smooth, thick and creamy - add water as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until really, really smooth.
- Layer the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Blend the water and chia seeds together until the mixture thickens.
- Add half the pre-soaked blueberries, honey and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Add the last of the blueberries to the mixture and blend roughly for a chunky blueberries topping. 9. Layer the topping evenly over the cheesecake.
- Use the one cup of blueberries to top off the cheesecake.
- Cover & freeze for 2-4 hours before serving and allow a few minutes to thaw before serving.